Guidelines for Entry
- Entries for all categories must be lodged by 5 PM 4th of July 2022
- Entries can only be submitted online.
- The awards are intended to recognise excellence in business achievement. While the clarity of information provided within submissions will assist the judging panel, it is the achievement themselves and not the quality or length of submissions which are being recognised.
- Entry is open to all business owners however, please ensure you read the “Guidelines” very carefully before submitting your award entry.
- Attention must be given to answering all the relevant criteria points numbered 1-11. Entrants will be disadvantaged if all the questions appropriate to their entry are not addressed.
- A maximum of TWO award category entries can be submitted by any JBA Member.
- Entrants who are not JBA members can only submit ONE award category entry.
- The judge’s decision is final and no communications will be entered into regarding the Awards’ judging. All information presented is strictly confidential. The judging process is coordinated by the Joondalup Business Association.
- The judging panel comprising of independent representatives.
- Do not undersell your business. Refer to any examples of excellence or outstanding achievement in your submission.
- Answer all parts of the question. Go back and review your answer. Ask a work colleague or friend to review your submission.
- Substantiate your claims. Where possible provide factual, tangible information rather than vague statements (i.e. increased sales by 10%, reduced the number of customer complaints by half, etc.).
- Most importantly: proof read – have a fresh set of eyes read through your submission, read it out loud to check the flow and structure.
- Be accurate and factual.
- Consider the layout. Use point form as this is a good technique for answering questions and is easy to follow.